Monday, April 26, 2010

Ukarumpa's Gas Station

The singles' van (the lovely blue van pictured here) is a branch-owned vehicle that singles (and others) can rent if they need to get around after dark or when they're moving, etc. I'm now the singles' van caretaker, and it's my job to make sure it's full of gas and still running. Luckily I don't have to leave Ukarumpa to do either of these things. The Auto Shop can take care of it all.

3 comments:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
You are certainly a versatile missionary! We enjoyed reading Andrew the mechanic's blog on the WWII stuff. He and Rich would be great buddies, I think. About the yogurt--do you make it with the boxed milk or dry milk? Last night we got to interview kids for the ministry team and it blessed me to see 4 or 5 of our old PALS from AWANA wanting to take part.(It also makes me feel quite OLD:) Missionaries from Japan presented their ministry and some of the culture there at the PM service. Pastor James preached from Luke 18:35-43 in the AM, titled "Never Too Busy for Compassion." Points were:
The persistent request v.38,39,41
The obvious question v.41
The simple answer v.42
The appropriate response v.43
Have a great day!
Karen H

Laura Nichols said...

Wow, now you're an auto mechanic too! :)

Looks like quite the fancy vehicle.

Love,
Laura

Unknown said...

Hi Sara,

Since I might be around in a couple of weeks can I drive it? I'm not single or moving but I could add driving in PNG to my resume! Even if it's under the watchful eye of my daughter.

Love you, Dad