Thanks for the comments... there were some creative (and delicious) ideas!
And, there was one right answer... tortillas!
After making the dough (with includes dried herbs - the specks some of you saw), you let them sit 15 minutes or more, so they are easier to roll out. They're quick to cook - they need about a minute on each side in a hot, ungreased skillet.
I find I eat tortillas more here than I ever did at home, especially since they don't mold as quickly as bread (even in the refrigerator). Plus, it only takes a few minutes to transform tortillas into delicious baked chips that go great with one of my favorite meals, pumpkin curry soup.
Tonight, with no leftovers, no plans for dinner and an overripe avocado in my fridge, I used two tortillas to make up what you see here - I think they would best be described as "tuna melt tacos." The tortillas got crispy under the broiler and made a sturdy shell for these "tacos" that I folded in half and devoured!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yum!! I'm looking forward to trying some soon! ;)
Looks tasty! :)
we have to make those too! although, by the looks of it, you are a better tortilla maker than me. :P mine always end up oddly shaped. haha
Post a Comment