Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TTC Starts Tomorrow

When this photo was taken, on January 11 this year, I had no idea I would be teaching at the Translators' Training Course (TTC). Now, starting tomorrow, I will be teaching at the course, and all the other people in the photo will be involved in TTC too!

(The photo was taken a Learning That Lasts, a week-long workshop teaching people how to effectively teach adults. Steven, the man to my left, will be teaching about translation; the other Steven, mostly blocked by me in the picture, is the principal of the course, and Elvira will be helping in various ways).

Pray for me and the other teachers and staff as TTC begins tomorrow. You can also pray for the students - that they will understand our English clearly and soak in all the new material. The students I will be teaching come from five languages: Angaataha, Binandere, Doromu-Koki, Kunimaipa-Anam, and Saep.

1 comment:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
You are certainly gaining a well-rounded experience!! Praying that God continues to use and help you in great ways through all of these added responsibilities. The missionary group prayed for you last night at our meeting. Our SS lesson this week is Jehovah-Rohi:The Lord Our Shepherd(Is.40:11, Ps.100:3, John 10:2-11, Ps. 4:8, 145:16, 79:13, 9:6, 89:1 and , of course, 23 in its entirety.) The song is Surely Goodness and Mercy by John W. Peterson and Alfred B. Smith.
Have a great day,
Karen H