Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Six days to go - Guest post #3 by Nancy

My husband asked me yesterday if this trip seems real to me yet. Planning something for six months ahead may have a way of making it seem like it’s never really going to happen! But I have to say, with all the thought and preparation that has gone into this, it does seem real. Guess that’s a good thing, since I’m leaving in six days! I only bought my tickets 5 months ago, but I also spent about a month before that discussing it with Sara and the rest of my family and looking into what it would entail.

People ask me if I’m nervous. The answer to that question is “yes, sometimes” but mostly – “not as much as I would have thought I would be”. I feel prepared as much as I could be and I know God is in control. “He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord” Isaiah 26:3.

I reread Corrie ten Boom’s book The Hiding Place this summer. What a wonderful faith she and her family possessed. If you have never read it, I would highly recommend it. Corrie tells a story about going on a train ride and how her father would not give her the ticket until she needed it. He said that is how our Heavenly Father gives us what we need, also, in His perfect timing. So though I don’t know what this trip holds for me, I will trust in Him.

And even though I do have a few more things to do before I’m really ready to leave, I’m starting to think – let’s get this “show on the road”!

1 comment:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Nancy,
What great anticipation to see Sara in person after a year! We share your excitement and look forward to your first-hand report when you get back. Thanks so much for sharing with the rest of us.
Praying for you, Sara, Cristiane, and all those serving in Ukarumpa(also for Forrest, Laura, and Naomi in your absence!)
Karen
2 Cor 12:9(From our SS lesson, so appropriate"Here I come!"