Monday, August 24, 2009

A pretty normal day - Guest post by Nancy

This morning seems like a pretty normal morning. I’ve started a load of laundry, eaten my breakfast, and said goodbye to my husband as he left for work. But my mind is already on tomorrow. This time tomorrow I’ll be…

Getting up early so I’m ready to leave by 5:15 AM for the Avoca Airport. Praying my flight will leave there on time (7:40) so I have enough time to catch my next flight in Philadelphia (at 9:45). Flying to LA – almost 6 hours in the air. Then waiting until my flight leaves LA at 9:30 PM heading for New Zealand (this flight is almost 13 hours long). After that it’s on to Brisbane, then Port Morseby. There I will be met by an SIL employee and taken to the Mapang Missionary Guesthouse where I will spend the night. The next afternoon, I will get my SIL flight to Ukarumpa, and Lord willing, Sara will be there to greet me! (She and Christiane are planning to come back from the village the day before I arrive). So, after 6 flights (about 28 hours in the air!) I should arrive at Ukarumpa about 3:30 PM on Friday, August 28th. (That’s 1:30 AM Friday morning Eastern Time, since PNG is 14 hours ahead of us.)

Today, in the meantime, I’m doing the laundry, buying a gallon of milk, going to the bank, and yes, finishing packing my bags and weighing them one more time. I’ll be taking my first anti-malarial pill tonight with supper. Then… I think I’ll be ready!

Please pray:

Sara and Christiane will be able to finish the work they set out to do and for them to have a safe trip back from the village.
My trip will go well, and for good health and safety during my time in PNG.
I will be a blessing and encouragement to Sara and to the other people I meet.
For my family at home while I am away.

2 comments:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Nancy,
What a great day of anticipation! I just read all Joy's blog updates. She sure packed in a lot while in CA!
We used to know a man from Auckland, NZ who was a penpal with my mother-in-law. He visited us once for a few weeks. Quite a character! One of the Glemboski's boys is interested in serving in NZ. How did you happen to route through there instead of the Orient? We can't wait to hear all about the trip and will be praying for each flight to be on time and go well. Also for Sara and Carianne to have a safe and prompt return from Bimin. You will be missed, but hope you will give Sara lots of hugs from all of us and assure her she is in our thoughts and prayers. Have a blessed time and may God use you greatly as He does Sara!
Thankful for you,
Karen H
Job 38-42(God's answer to Job and his response)Makes me appreciate what an awesome God we have!

Anonymous said...

We love your organizational skills! We will definitely be praying for your trip and time with Sara. What an exciting opportunity. Because you are leaving so much with Sara, you'll have to bring home lots of interesting things from PNG in the empty spaces in your suitcase! Have a wonderful trip!!!! Todd, Jennifer, Levi & Sara....PS maybe we'll take pity on Forest and invite him for dinner...our fruit trees may need pruning anyway! :-D