Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ear and Job Update

Ear

The antibiotics worked! I've been amazed at how quickly my ear is returning to normal - the swelling and redness are almost gone. And I was even able to sleep on my left side last night, because the pain and tenderness in the ear has decreased a lot!

I had my third appointment in three days at the clinic this morning. The doctor is pleased with my progress and has cleared me to go to the village on Wednesday! Thanks for your prayers :-)

Job

I've decided against taking the temporary Kokopo center manager position. When the opportunity came up, I asked God to give me a red flag if this job wasn't a good idea for me. It seemed like such a perfect fit that I couldn't imagine any reason why I shouldn't do it. But the next day God did give me a red flag, in the form of an email from the current managers. They would not recommend I take the job as a single woman, because of the social isolation and heavy workload.

I can't disregard their advice, and I see it as a signpost from God, directing me away from this job opportunity. Thanks for praying together with me for wisdom and direction. God provided it, as James 1:5 says He will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sara;
Proverbs 3:5,6 is a wonderful truth to experience. I rejoice with you that God not only gives you wisdom to know His direction but you are willing to follow Him. Keep up the good work.
I was blessed yesterday with the song "Our God Reigns". Let's rejoice.
Pastor Thomas

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Glad your ear is healing and you are cleared to go to Bimin for survey. Thankful God gave peace about the position in Kokopo. All the pictures and posts give us such good insight to what you are doing and such appreciation for having the Bible so accessible to us. How well God has used you this past year in your service!
Praying for you and Christiane, and for your upcoming visit with Nancy.

God bless,
Karen H
Job 23:10