On Wednesday, I'm planning to go to the Bimin language group. Christiane, a translator, is planning to go out for two weeks to do Scripture recordings and literacy training, while her husband stays in Ukarumpa in an administrative role. They dedicated the New Testament last year and are now continuing to help people use the Scriptures - through producing an audio NT and helping people learn to read.
The Bimin language is located right next to Setaman, the language we surveyed in July, in the western-most part of the country. I'm looking forward to getting more experience living and working in a village, helping Christiane out, and getting to know people in the village.
~ ~ ~
Thursday I had a small sore on my ear and by Saturday my whole ear was red, swollen, hot and tender. The nurse I saw on Saturday was very concerned and started me immediately on a strong antibiotic for cellulitis, a deep skin infection, which is fairly common in legs, but uncommon and more serious the closer it is to the brain.
I saw the nurse again today (Sunday) and it seems that the infection is responding to treatment. I need to have another appointment with a doctor to be cleared to go the village, where there is no medical treatment available except what Christiane and I can provide for ourselves.
Please pray that I'll be cleared to go to the village with Christiane, and that my health will continue to improve.
~ ~ ~
Here's a Bimin lady we met on the Setaman survey...
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi, Sara,
Sorry to hear about your ear. I had that infection once in my nose, not pleasant. Praying you will be able to go to Bimin if it is the Lord's will. Rich's sister, Sandy, from Wisconsin met us at church today. She is flying back tomorrow morning. Pastor preached from 1 Thessalonians 3 on faith. Wed. night, Joe Hunt, Mrs. T's Nephew talked about a trip he is taking to Africa as a land surveyor. Ethel F. told me there was a huge parade yesterday in New Milford and SNMBC had a large float on a stone truck with many riders of all ages and Pastor T on the back. She said it lasted 1 1/2hours! Thinking of you and all in Ukarumpa and New Britain and thankful for your service.
God bless,
Karen H
Psalm 46 (Also from PT's message)
Post a Comment