Thursday, August 6, 2009

New (temporary) job opportunity

I'm in the middle of trying to make a fairly big decision right now, and I'd like to ask for prayer from all of you.

There's a need for a temporary regional center manager in a small town on the beautiful island of New Britain. The job seems like a good fit for me, and I'd like to fill in to help with this important need.

But, the center is quite isolated and I'd be there alone a lot of the time. The current managers have written to me and told me they would not recommend the job for a single by herself (because of the social isolation and the big workload), and I think it's wise to heed their advice.

Please pray with me about this. Pray that God will give me wisdom in deciding and peace in the decision. I'm planning to give my supervisors my decision on Monday. Thanks :-)

1 comment:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
You do not have to convince me that life in Ukarumpa is never dull! How "temporary" is this job? Would it include the month that your Mom is coming? How many people would be serving with you? Would they by mission people or natives? Sounds like a lot of responsibility for one set of shoulders. You are such a capable willing servant. I remember at least two pastors saying to consider Scripture, circumstances, and advice from godly advisors in making major decisions. We are praying you will seek God's will in this. He can and has used you in many ways. He knows best your heart and strength. It is He who opens and closes doors of ministry. The pictures and Juliann's storying were terrific to see you all in action on survey. May God continue to bless and keep you.
Karen H
Proverbs 3:5-6