Friday, August 6, 2010

Last Day at Work

Yesterday was my last official day at work. Since arriving at Ukarumpa, my main work has been at the LCORE office, the center for language resources.

LCORE is an acronym that gives you an idea of what we do.

My main work in LCORE was in the sociolinguistics and language survey section, where I spent most of my time writing academic reports of survey fieldwork that the team did. We spent a month or two a year in the field, but most of my time was spent analyzing data and writing.

In May this year, I added another job title - LCORE Manager. Since then I've been working as the office manager, managing my PNG employees, doing some financial things, and seeing that the grounds, buildings and equipment is maintained, as well as continuing in my survey work.

I even have my own office now!

I'll be back at the office on Monday morning for a meeting and to finish up a few odds and ends. Other than that, I'm done with my work here. It's hard to believe that! And it's hard to believe I'll be headed home in a little less than 2 weeks!

2 comments:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Hope this finds you healthy and healed. You have certainly been busy! We had a nice picnic at Wolf Lake last night. Mrs. Glemboski spoke about winding up their ministry in Mongolia and getting ready for a new work here. She spoke about the real need to keep our missionaries in prayer daily as there are many "hurts" along the way that they feel they must not talk about to others. They are considering serving in "member care" which is caring for just such needs in those on deputation and furlough. Who better to speak with than someone who has "been there?" She used Jeremiah 29:11-14 as her reference. She had some times where it felt more like "captivity" than service there. We had 82 present. It was a great time of fellowship. Looking forward to seeing and hearing you soon. May God bless as you pack and get ready and prepare for your new role,
Karen H
Ps 77:10-13

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,

It's fun to see the pictures of places you worked and we visited. I'm glad you have been able to serve there but am glad you are headed home!

Love you, Dad