Just when I thought I had writer's block... I can't not tell you about what happened today.
I was in the survey office when a PNG man (who works in our telephone department here) came in to talk to me and my co-worker. He asked for a copy of the Scripture Use survey report we wrote last year on his language - where the New Testament was dedicated 25 years ago, but is no longer being used. He and another employee want to do something, anything, to get people to use the vernacular Scriptures. I told him I'd send some emails and see what I could find out.
As I wrote an email to a number of different people in the organization, I didn't have much hope that anything would come of my request because we are so short staffed, but I felt like I just had to ask what we can do to help. Not two hours after I sent my email one of my co-workers stopped by the office and said she might be able to help. In a "reply all" email she said "I am really interested in this project." And she would be a great person for the job!
Nothing is set in stone, or even wet concrete, yet, but I am praising God that something might be able to be done to help these people (over 45,000 people!) have access to and use the New Testament in their language!
(Update: Soon after my co-worker replied to my email, another person replied and said "I would be happy to provide any consulting that you or other potential participants in the project might desire." Yay!)
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sara, I will be praying for this... it's great news to hear. Love, Mom
Hi, Sara,
It is great to see how God uses you whether in the office or out in a village. Thankful He can use you as a conduit between the need and those who can possibly help meet it. Thankful God uses the Ukarumpa missions community as such a good team in His work and an uplifting encouragement to those half a world away!
God bless,
Karen H
Matthew 5:16
Post a Comment