After getting back to the US late Tuesday night, I'm starting my fourth day here. The summary so far is that I like it. It's kind of like one big vacation so far, enjoying family and friends, eating good food, spending time outdoors walking and kayaking. (I saw a bald eagle yesterday!)
Unfortunately my "vacation" isn't going to last forever, as I'm headed down to North Carolina and starting my course on Thursday. Even though I won't spend my days relaxing there, I'll still get to enjoy freedom, independence and feeling safe. :-)
I don't think I've had much, if any, reverse culture shock so far. One thing is that letter-size paper looks fat to me, since A4 (longer and skinnier than letter) is our standard in PNG, but that's about it.
Laura and I are going shopping today - to Walmart, the mall, etc. and out to eat - so today will probably be a good test of if I'm going to have reverse culture shock or not. If it doesn't happen today, maybe it won't happen at all...
PS If you're trying to email me, use my Gmail address, as the other ones aren't working at the moment. (They should be working again by next week.)
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment