Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm on my way!

Right now I'm sitting in a hotel in Hong Kong. My trip started about 17 hours ago when I left the Ukarumpa Guest House for the airstrip. Our flight was delayed a bit waiting for a passenger, so we flew out of Ukarumpa around 11, arriving in PNG's capital, Port Moresby, around noon.

Around 5, I flew out of Port Moresby, headed for Hong Kong (my first stop over) and 6 and a half hours later - here I am! I'll be here until around noon tomorrow and then have a 14-hour flight to Chicago. I'll be there about 6 hours and then take the final leg of my trip to Scranton, getting in after 10pm.

Everything has gone incredibly well so far! I've had no trouble with my two big suitcases, or customs and immigration, or anything. :-) Yay!

3 comments:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Glad all is going well. Praying that it continues to do so. It must be very different being in a big place like Hong Kong or Chicago. Hope the wait times are restful as the traveling must be tiring.
God bless your journey.
Karen_H
Quiet Heart did a concert at Montrose Bible Conference last night. The name certainly is apt for the group because their ministry in music does just- that to my heart, anyway. Thankful for all the young women God uses to bless us old fogies.
Psalm 118- a "Hallelujah" psalm

Laura Nichols said...

Sara-

You probably won't get this before I see you, but I can't wait to see you SOON!! :)

Love,
Laura

Erin said...

safe journey to you the rest of the way!!