Four days and two doctor's appointments later, Krista and I now know what the problem with her ankle / foot is, but we don't really know how much longer we'll be in Australia. The problem is with her plantar facsia, a layer of connective tissue on the bottom of the foot. Cortisone shots have helped her problem a lot, but the doctor is concerned that if she isn't pain-free in a week, surgery will be the only option. We're going to be in Cairns at least another week, waiting to see how she feels.
Prayer
Please pray that Krista's pain will be completely gone by early next week, so that she won't need surgery.
Pray for Krista and the doctors (both in Australia and PNG) who will be making decisions about where, when, and what treatment for her to seek. Pray for peace in the decisions that are made.
Please pray for me too. In the last day or two, I've gotten a head cold, so pray that I'll start feeling better soon and that I'll have enough energy to take good care of Krista.
Praise
After the first doctor's visit, neither Krista or I felt very confident in the doctor's diagnosis and treatment plan, but the second visit went much better. Praise the Lord for the doctor's concern and for him taking the time to explain things during the second visit.
Praise the Lord for Tree Tops Lodge, run by missionaries, which is a very inexpensive and comfortable place for us to stay. (We have two small rooms, one with a kitchen to prepare our own food and save on the cost of eating out. There is also a small pool, which is great because the doctor doesn't want Krista to walk, but has encouraged her to swim!)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll be praying for Krista, and for you as you're taking care of her! I really hope you get to enjoy a little bit of Australia while you're there. :)
Glad the doctors have defined the problem. Praying for a good resolution for Krista's foot and for your head cold. Thanks for the updates.
God bless,
Karen H
Post a Comment