Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Surgery

Krista and I are still in Cairns, Australia. She’s continuing to improve and so are the others from the accident. Pray for one lady who is awaiting a facial reconstruction surgery.

When I found out Krista was going to have surgery and we knew we’d be here another 10 to 14 days, I decided to have my right shoulder looked at by the doctor. I’ve had some pain in the shoulder for a few months and since it hasn’t gotten any better on its own, I wanted to have it looked at while we were still here in Australia.

Krista had a post-op visit to the doctor today and I had an appointment too. The doctor did an exam and ordered x-rays of my shoulder; he determined the problem is that some tendons are being pinched in my shoulder joint because there is not enough space for them to fit between the bones. (The condition is technically called a shoulder impingement.) The doctor same the condition will only get worse over time if left untreated.

The way to fix this problem is a simple, minimally-invasive surgery that creates more space for the tendons to pass through. Because of a cancellation, I’m able to have the minor, out-patient surgery tomorrow morning, and Krista and I should be able to go back to Papua New Guinea next week as we’ve been planning all along.

Thanks for your prayers for me, and for the others who are continuing to heal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, hang in there with your and Krista's surgeries. I've been praying for you.

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Praying for you all for good recoveries and strength to continue your ministries. Worked with your Mom and Naomi preparing Mothers Day gifts for the church ladies yesterday at the Flewellings. John is working again after finding a new job. Have a good day!
Karen H