Monday, August 25, 2008

Arrival in Papua New Guinea!

Yesterday I arrived in Port Moresby, the capital of Papua New Guinea, and this morning I flew up to Madang, where I’ll start my training on Wednesday.

Pacific Orientation Course (POC) is located on top of a mountain, and through it’s very hot and humid, there have been nice cool breezes this afternoon. I spent some time unpacking and settling into my room, and getting to know some of the other people who are here for training.

I’ll have very limited internet access while I’m in training, but I’m going to try to update my blog as I can.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely Ttoc! Guess what? Some of my profs are linguists. I have a feeling it'll spice up the grammar class... Love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sara... so glad you are finally there. Blessings to you as you start your next chapter. : }

Erin said...

peace to you!! glad the travel went smoothly.

Erin said...

(to clarify, comment 1 is from erin1, and comment 3 (as well as comment 4, I suppose!) is from erin2....haha...love you!)