Monday, August 18, 2008

Two Youth Group Meetings

What were you doing six years ago?  What will you be doing six years from now?

I had the privilege of sharing at two area youth groups this past week, and these are two questions I asked the teens.  I told them that only six years ago I was right where they're at now, and I had no idea what God would do in and through me.  

As I shared my life's testimony with the teens, I encouraged them to follow God and totally give their lives to Him.  I also shared about the Bible translation needs in Papua New Guinea and around the world, and all the jobs that need to be done for Bible translation to take place.  

What a great opportunity it was for me to be able to share in the youth groups of the South New Milford Baptist Church and First Baptist in Susquehanna!  I had fun answering questions and talking to some interested teens after I spoke.  

Please pray for the teens I was able to speak with, especially those in Susquehanna, many of whom indicated they'd be open to working in foreign missions and some who shared with me that they already feel a call to missions.  

And pray for me as I'm preparing to leave in 4 days! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara! It's good to keep up with what's going on through your blog. May the Lord help you make a smooth transition to PNG and bring you even closer to himself through it! Keep posting...

God bless,
Julie R in Dallas