As I mentioned earlier, my commissioning service last weekend was huge blessing to me. Here are some images from the day... (Click on a picture to view it larger.)
An incredibly intense hailstorm hit right before the service and left piles of ice around the building. Everyone I talked to said it was the fiercest hailstorm they’d ever seen!
Some of the hailstones were as big as grapes!
The music throughout the service was great! For one special music, Amy and Ralph sang You Are My Hiding Place.
Chuck Walton, who worked as Bible translators in the Philippines for 30 years, was the afternoon's main speaker.
Pastor Thomas left me with four things to remember: all of the helpers I have in my ministry, the missionary heroes who have gone before me, the heartaches I will inevitably endure, and the hallelujahs that will resound before the throne of God for a life of faithfulness to Him.
Deacon Bill Tyler led a prayer for me, while Pastor, the other deacons, and my dad (the missions committee chairman) laid their hands on me.
Tim, Lloyd, Ralph, and Phil sang Just One More Soul to end the service. What a motivating and true song!
Mrs. Thomas made a wonderful cake for the occasion!
A beautiful double rainbow appeared over the church after the dinner.
It stretched from one side of the sky to the other!
Dad and I played on a big pile of hail after the service. The amount of ice that had accumulated was just amazing!~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I'd like to say thank you to all who were able to come and share in the service! And to all who were involved in planning or who participated in the service, thank you!
I'd also like to say thanks to Lenora for taking these and many other great pictures on the day of the commissioning service!
1 comment:
Hi Sara,
I hope you are doing well. This is Julia (the blonde one) from Bancroft. It looks as if you are about ready to begin your work in Papau New Guinea. That's great! I will be praying that God will keep you safe and use you to reach the people who need our Lord as much as we do. Have a great weekend.
In Christ,
Julia
Post a Comment