Monday, July 13, 2009

Moved (again)

This morning I moved out of Lynn's house and in with Jen, Helen and Joy. For now, I'm sleeping on the floor in the office with boxes stacked around me. Joy is moving out next week, while I'm on survey, so I'll move into her room once I get back.

Bonnie, Juliann, Thomas (a translator) and I are leaving for an 8-day survey on Friday morning. Please keep our preparation and health (I've got a cold) in your prayers, and I'll post more details about our survey before we leave.

It seems like I haven't written about my work for awhile... I'm still working in the survey office. Lately I've been doing research on languages on New Britain island. We were going to survey the Amara language this fall, but after doing research, we've found all the information we need and won't have to do a survey after all. We're planning to survey some other languages on the island though.

1 comment:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
You make me think of Matthew 8:20! We watched some baby phoebes make their flights out of the nest. The last one just was not sure he could do it, but at much urging from his parents, he took the leap and he was off, down first, then up as he began flapping his wings. Those birds had next to no nest left and were heaped on each other in the width of a plastic electrical box before they took off. But in God's perfect timing, there they went, just as Pastor said. We also have an unusual downy woodpecker. He comes to our hummingbird feeder! We think he is either after the ants and wasps that occasionally get stuck, or he just wants a sweet treat for himself! In Streams in the Desert today it says,"We must be like the young birds beginning to test the air with our untried wings and even if their wings fail, one of the parents will rescue it by sweeping underneath. God will rescue us the same way. Simply trust Him. If you ask "But am I to step out onto nothing?" That is exactly what the bird is asked, yet we know the air is there. And we know that the promises of God are there, infinitely more substantial than air!" That blessed my day and I hope it does yours as well.
Praying for all the ways God seeks to use you in your service for Him and thanks for your faithfulness to share about the experience.
Karen H