As you probably have figured out, I like to watch birds. They amaze me by how tiny, yet intricate and beautiful, their bodies are, and by the way they flit and fly. Here are a few more bird pictures I took last December.
This tiny female Mountain myzomela isn't as colorful as her male counterpart, with his fire-engine red head. Even though she's not as bright, I like the pink/red mark on her face. To me, it looks like she's blushing. :-)
This is one of Ukarumpa's seasonal visitor, the White-breasted woodswallow. The woodswallows spend part of their year here and the other part in Australia. (Isn't migration amazing!?) I love to watch their antics as they swoop down off their perch and fly around like crazy before landing again.
Here's a common Ukarumpa resident: the Pacific swallow. They look and act a lot like Barn swallows that I know from Pennsylvania.
Along with being loud and boisterous, Willie wagtails (the smaller bird in the picture) are troublemakers too. They don't pick on birds their own size, but prefer to harass birds and animals bigger than them. I've seen them pester cats, dogs and kites (hawks).This picture shows a Willie wagtail chasing a kite. As they went, Willie was making lots of noise and swooping and diving at the kite, trying to get a piece of him!




No comments:
Post a Comment