Friday, May 8, 2009

Update on life

Yesterday marked three weeks since I had my shoulder surgery, so I'm halfway through with wearing the sling and a quarter of the way back to normal use of my arm.

The good news is that it seems to be healing very well. All of my (four) incisions are healing nicely and I don't have any pain, which is pretty unusual for shoulder surgery from what I've heard.

The other good news (no bad news, sorry) is that my friends here are doing a wonderful job of caring for me! I feel very loved and well taken care of. People have been going out of their way to fold my laundry, bring me meals, help me grocery shop, and invite me over for meals.

~ ~ ~

Today was a milestone for Juliann and I in the survey office... we finished our sections of the Wagi survey report! Also, a week ago the final copy of the Bena Scripture Use survey was approved.

Please pray for us as we work on other projects and begin to plan our next survey trip in either June or July.

~ ~ ~

Two nights this week unsettling things have happened around my house (something being stolen, etc.). Please pray that I won't be fearful and will trust God to protect me as I live alone (and always!).

~ ~ ~

You may want to look away if you're very squeamish... here's a photo of the surgeon's corrective work and God's healing work:

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Sara,
I am SO thankful that you are healing very well! And that you are feeling very loved (I'm thankful for the people there who are making you feel that way) because you ARE VERY LOVED by us, too!
with lots of love and prayers, Mom
PS - Glad you shared your prayer request about the things happening at your house, too, I'll be praying about that now, too.

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Glad to hear and "see" that you are healing well and doing well. Ukarumpa seems like a very close community. Thankful for all those looking out for you. Praying for continued good recovery. Hurray that your and Juliann's work has been approved! We had rain today, but it was quite warm. The leaves are really beginning to fill out and we have apple blossoms and lilacs that are about to bloom.
Praying for and thinking of you,
Karen H
From prayer meeting: 1 Cor. 9:19-23 "GAIN"