Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big Day

Today marks six weeks since my shoulder surgery!  And that means I'm out of the sling, as of today :-)

Today, for the first time since my surgery, I was able to move my arm as much as I could.  I did my set of rehab exercises for the first time and was pleased that I could move my arm without pain.

I still have a long way to go - at least another six weeks until I'm back to my normal range of motion - but I'm on my way. 

~ ~ ~

This morning I presented our weekly inter-office devotional.  I shared about three lessons that God has taught me because of having shoulder surgery and a long recovery.  It was a blessing to me to think about what God has taught me and share it with others.  Maybe I'll write some of my thoughts up and post them here.

~ ~ ~

I was encouraged when a lady at the Tok Pisin ladies' Bible study shared how she's been thinking about something I shared a few weeks ago - how Jesus is between us and God, and how His death absorbs God's wrath that was directed toward us and our sin.  I used the illustration of God's wrath being poured out like water, but Jesus standing in between us and God and absorbing God's wrath like a sponge, so it doesn't fall on us. 

I am blessed to have heard that these words helped my friend in the past few weeks.  Praise be to God for giving me ideas and the words in Tok Pisin to express them!

2 comments:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Glad to hear that you are "sling-free" and able to move your arm somewhat. Mary said to tell you that the young ladies Sunday School class is coming back this quarter. She does not know what materials they will be using as yet. There is to be a Sunday School Rally on Sunday to see what new classes are being offered and for parents to have an opportunity to visit their children's classes.
Pastor taught from Acts 17 last night--Paul's actions at Mars Hill, being all things to all people. We need to "see" the need in others and allow the Holy Spirit to stir our hearts to action. The Wycliffe Associates banquet and your correspondence do that for me. I try to imagine life without the Bible and keep asking God how He could use me in bringing the Bible to others. You could pray with me about that if you would.
In His love,
Karen_H
Numbers 21:17 From the May 26 devo in "Streams in the Desert" about praise bringing forth streams of deliverance in the desert.

Anonymous said...

I am doubly blessed this morning - I'm late reading your comments from Thursday, but blessed by them, and also by Karen's posting. Such a quiet lady, with such a great heart for God!! Thank you, Karen. Also, Sara, would it be at all possible for you to post some brief comments IN TOK PISIN so we could get an idea of what you have to do to communicate? Brief is OK - praise God for the ways in which He uses His Word in every heart. Audrey Costley