Monday, January 10, 2011

Last Week in Waxhaw (for awhile)

This Monday morning in Waxhaw, NC will be my last for awhile. I'm flying home to New Milford, PA on Saturday to spend a few months reconnecting with churches and supporters.

I will miss my new friends, my boyfriend, and being settled into life here, but I should be back within a few months to start my assignment at JAARS. Before I come back, I plan to share with my supporting churches about my past two and a half years of ministry as well as about my new assignment in vernacular media. (If you would like me to share with your church or group, please don't hesitate to contact me at sara.vancott@gmail.com.)

It's snowing here today, which is somewhat rare for this part of the country. I woke up to about two inches of snow and we're supposed to get up to five total through the rest of the day and tonight. Here's the view from my front porch. I love the way the snow looks, but I just wish it were warmer!

Yesterday afternoon, before the snow started, I got to do something fun and unusual - Scott and I recaptured a neighbor's escaped peacock! We heard it was nearby so went looking and found it easily. It was quite calm and with the help of his dog, Scott was able to catch it! I held the peacock as Scott drove drove to the neighbor's house to return it.

No comments: