Saturday, January 15, 2011

Flying Home

The sheets are washed, the floors swept and mopped, and the fridge cleaned out. The last bag of trash is sitting by the door waiting to be thrown in the dumpster. I'm all ready to move out of my apartment in North Carolina and come home to Pennsylvania for a few months.

My sisters Laura and Naomi flew down on Wednesday to spend a few days here with me (which was a lot of fun!) and now they are driving my car back to PA. The doctor told me that on long car trips for the next few months, I have to get out every hour and walk to prevent deep vein thrombosis as a potential complication of my surgery. That would turn a 12 hour car trip into at least a 16 hour one! So Laura and Naomi agreed to drive my car home and save us all the 16+ hour trip!

I'm excited about being home to share about my ministry with churches, small groups and individuals. My time at home will be a time of sharing about my ministry, but also recruiting more people to partner with me financially. I will not be able to start my new assignment in vernacular media until I am supported at 100% of my budget.

If you or your church are interested in having me speak or in supporting my ministry, please
contact me
. The next time I post here, I'll be all settled in in Pennsylvania!

No comments: