Monday, December 20, 2010

Kidney Update: Day 7

Unfortunately I can't tell you that the drain is out. Actually I don't have any good kidney-related news at all...

I finally convinced the doctor to see me today as it's been a week since my surgery and I haven't had any follow-ups. The result of that appointment is that I have to go in for another outpatient procedure/surgery tomorrow.


The doctor is concerned that I am still draining so much fluid from my abdomen and he doesn't know why this is happening. He suspects that the original temporary stent (which was left in after the surgery to help healing) is blocked somehow, so he needs to go in and check or replace it.

I will be having this procedure tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon at 4 and it should take about 30 minutes. I should be able to come home afterward rather than staying overnight in the hospital. The drain will have to stay in at least a few more days after that and the stent for a few more weeks.

Thanks for your prayers. I know many of you pray for me and I really appreciate it. Here are two things you can specifically pray for now:
  • Competent care by the doctors and nurses - The care (or lack thereof) that I received in the hospital last time was unbelievably bad. Pray that this time people will do their jobs competently so the problem can be fixed and I can be adequately taken care of.
  • My attitude - This entire experience has been incredibly frustrating and discouraging. The latest news is just one more blow. Pray that I will see the situation from God's perspective, and that everything I say, do and think will be pleasing to God and give glory to Him.

No comments: