Saturday, September 4, 2010

(New) Home Sweet Home

Today is the 11th day since I've been back in the US, but it feels like I've been back much longer! I've done a lot in that 11 days, including a road trip the last two days.

I drove from northeastern Pennsylvania to southern North Carolina with stops in Lancaster and Philadelphia. Lancaster and Philly aren't on the way, but the driving was worth it to visit two of my college roommates and another friend from college. :-)

On Friday, I arrived at the JAARS Center near Waxhaw, NC and moved into my apartment, about a mile from the center. Here's a map of the area:


View Larger Map

The next picture shows my apartment - I'm in the one on the far right. (That's my car too - thanks Grandma!) The apartment is small, but comfortable and in a nice quiet location, a bit away from the road and with lots of trees around.

My course starts on Tuesday, so I will continue exploring the area and resting until then. I'm looking forward to visiting a local church tomorrow and maybe going on a hike or birding on Labor Day.

1 comment:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Glad you got to NC and are getting settled. Sorry we did not get a chance to speak to you face to face so to speak, but you did a great job with your update during the service and it was a blessing just to see you looking well and able to visit with Grandma and college chums. Enjoy your time at JAARS and praying the course will be profitable for you and those you serve.
God be with you,
Karen H
Psalms 146, 147