Even though I'm home from PNG, there are still a few things from PNG I'm dealing with. One of those is the malaria living in my liver.
At some point during my first few months in PNG, I got bitten by a mosquito carrying the malaria parasite and was infected. I didn't know that had happened, but as long as I was taking my daily preventative medicine, I wasn't sick with malaria.
Twice I stopped taking my preventative (once because I didn't know I was infected and once because I was sick to my stomach and couldn't keep the pills down) and both times I became sick with malaria. So, every day since then I've taken my malaria preventative medicine.
Well, now that I'm back in the US, I've still been taking my daily preventative pills, but there is something I can do so that I don't have to do that every day for the rest of my life: malaria eradication treatment.
This is good news for me in the long run, but there's a not-as-happy short term side - actually taking the pills. There are a few days of high doses of medicine (I took 9 pills tonight!) and then another 10 days of medium doses. The medicine is making me feel kind of queasy, but it will be worth it for a malaria-free future!
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
A day late - but isn't it great that God is never late! We'll be praying for you these next weeks; especially that you'll have minimum side-effects, and that more-especially you'll not get nauseous! I know the time of study will be challenging and very enjoyable! Have a blessed day in Christ. Audrey Costley PS, would you like me to put your need on the prayer-chain?
Hi, Sara,
Praying for you as you undertake this course of medication and that you will be able to continue classes and other activities without too much side effect. Sounds like a hefty amount of material to cover between now and the end of the year, but I know your capable young brain and serving heart will keep you learning and growing even through adversity as you have already demonstrated in PNG.
May God bless you this day and those of your course of medication
with His comfort. We just started reading in 2 Corinthians about God's comfort. Butch is teaching from 1 Peter about suffering. God's Word is always timely.
Praying for you,
Karen H
Hi Sara: Praying you will feel much better tommorow. Just remember to take your meds to get you back in tip top condition.
Ed & Nancy Lindsey
Post a Comment