Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy Week

This has been a busy week! My course is going well - we spent most of the week doing a group project - and I've had lots of fun times in the evenings. I was out every night but Tuesday this past week!

On Monday night, I went to a young adults' Bible study and got to meet some other people about my age from the area. On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights, I was invited out for dinner at different peoples' homes and got to enjoy delicious food and good conversation. On Saturday night, one of the girls from the Bible study hosted an ice cream and games night at her house, which was great!

(Another highlight of this week was giving my testimony for the course students and instructors on Thursday. It was encouraging to reflect on how God has led me and protected me up to now, and to hear others' comments of how that encouraged them.)

Tonight I stopped by the house of one of my VMS classmates so he could record me singing (look for more about this on the blog later...) and his hospitable Vietnamese wife invited me to stay for a traditional Vietnamese meal. I enjoyed the spontaneous meal, good conversation and their adorable toddler son.

So I guess to sum up this week, I'm busy and enjoying life! I don't have pictures from any of these things yet, but I'll post some if I get them from friends.

1 comment:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Glad you had a good and busy week. Think you are adjusting well to the lack of bars and fences and am thankful you are enjoying the ability to go out and have good fellowship. Interested to hear about the recording and singing.
May God continue to bless as you go through your media course and give you His direction for your future service.
Karen H
Pastor gave a good message Sunday about missions not being an easy-going, flower strewn path. We appreciate the sacrifices you made to serve in PNG.
2 Corinthians 11