I haven't posted anything for awhile and there's a reason, although not a great one: I've had writer's block.
It's not that I haven't been writing - I've been working on a number of writing projects at work, like writing conclusions for a survey that happened five years ago but was never finished, and writing a prayer profile for a group we surveyed last fall.
Since I'm also the office manager for the language offices now (since May), I've been busy dealing with computer problems, listing our assets for insurance, signing purchase orders, doing reimbursements, checking time cards, and fielding questions coming in from every side.
As I'm leaving in less than four weeks, I've been training one of my newest survey co-workers to take over some parts of the job that I used to do - like using our powerful mapping software and analyzing survey word lists on the computer.
More jobs like these await me in my next few weeks in the office. I've got a list stuck to the wall and I'm working the best I can, with all the interruptions that come with being the manager, to cross things off the list one by one.
Hopefully it won't be so long again until my next post, but if you don't hear from me, assume I'm busy doing one of my many jobs, packing and cleaning my house, doing volunteer work, or maybe just having writer's block again. :-)
PS I've also been writing a newsletter - look for it in your email later this week. If you don't normally get my newsletters but you want to, send me an email and add you to my list.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sara, I was just saying to Laura today that you must be busy... and now I know what you have been busy doing! Sounds like quite a full schedule. I liked reading the part about how you'll be leaving in less than 4 weeks - that means you'll be home soon! with love and prayers, Mom
Hi, Sara,
Praying your list is continuing to diminish and training your replacement is going well. Also praying for your grandmother's health. We have been reading in the Psalms and Acts. Pastor had such a great sermon on Sunday from Psalm 37 and that, with Ralph's song service, just spoke especially to my needs that day. Isn't it great how the Holy Spirit uses others in our lives? Then at the PM service, Pastor Barbee taught from Acts 26 about witnessing wherever we are, but especially those engaging people at the Fair ministry. And you, Joy, and Andrew all do so much to keep us up on Ukarumpa and PNG work. It is a real blessing to us!
Thankful for you,
Karen H
Philippians 4:9, 13, James 1:22, 1 Corinhians 10:33 from Pastor's message "Things to Do"(Sounds like YOU:}
Post a Comment