This morning started out kind of rough...
When I was brushing my teeth, I looked up and was startled to find some weird kind of black slug/worm crawling its way across my curtains. The morning seemed to go downhill from there. I had to go into the office early to work on a project that needed to be done by 8:30. On the way to work, my flipflops splattered mud all over the back of my new, light-colored skirt. The weather was just plain gloomy too - no sun, just grey skies and light rain.
Throughout the morning, I tried to think the verse that God had brought to mind when I was getting ready, Philippians 4:6-7 - about not being anxious and having God's peace - but it wasn't seeming to stick. Then midmorning, I went to check my mail. And the way I was feeling, I was surprised to not fall in the mud or stub my toe on the way.
Actually, something good and very encouraging happened... I had three packages, three padded envelopes, and lots of cards in my mailbox. All of those things arrived just at the right time to be a tangible reminder of God's care.
After that, my skirt was still muddy and the skies were still grey, but I was happier. God used things as simple as loving notes and small gifts to encourage me and lift my spirit up when I was down.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry I don't do better on that. :(
But I'll email soon, I promise!
Love you sis. :)
-L.
Thanks for sharing the need of encouragement. I read Dan's and Joy's blog postings last night and between the three of you, it is like looking at the facets of a gem, same beauty, different perspectives and one whole picture. Encouragement works both ways...the posts of you missionaries bring a new look at God's work to the eyes and minds of your readers. Thanks so much and keep up the good(God's)work!
Karen H
Post a Comment