Kids say the funniest things. But they also say some profound things and ask some important questions.
One of the day campers here this week, a 6 year old girl named Shyan, has been doing just that. She wants to know "Why did God make us?" and told me "I don't want to die."
Shyan and her family moved to this area from California last year and found out about Bancroft Bible Camp on the internet. Her parents have signed her up to attend day camp all summer. What a great opportunity and responsibility we have to teach her and help her grow in her understanding of God!
Please pray for Shyan to hear and understand the gospel message. Even at a young age, she has big questions about life and about God. I've had opportunities the past two days to talk to Shyan while waiting for her dad to pick her up in the afternoons. Please pray that I and others will continue to have opportunities to share the gospel with her and that God will work in her heart that she might come to know Him.
1 comment:
Sara - won't promise to be always faithful, because I know myself. But just want to say that I'll be praying for Shyan. God began a good work in me at about the age of 7 - and though I walked away too many times, for too many years - He was always there, drawing me back. He's so great!!
Audrey Costley
Post a Comment