This afternoon over 35 teenagers arrived at camp, and the first week of camp officially began! Even though we're only a few hours into teen week, good things have been happening. We had a favorite food of teens - pizza - for dinner, and then the campers played some games and formed their teams for the week. During the chapel service Uncle Keith shared the first of his messages about David and reminded the teens that while man looks on the outward appearance God looks at the hearts.
Tomorrow after lunch will be my first presentation to the teens. Please pray that I'll communicate clearly to them, that they'll be attentive, and that God will work in their hearts to call some into missions.
The theme song for the summer is "I'll Depend on God." I pray that I'll be able to truly say these words every day and that all the teens will be able to as well. (The words are to the tune of "Bringing In the Sheaves.")
I'll depend on God to help me through each day.I will read His Word and then I will obey.I'll depend on God to use me as His servant.I will be a witness for Him everyday.ChorusI'll depend on God; I'll depend on God.He will surely help me as I trust and pray.I'll depend on God; I'll depend on God.He will surely use me each and every day.
1 comment:
Hi Sara,
It sounds like things are getting off to a good start. 35 teens is more than they had signed up a week ago. Did they get on the zip-line yet? Did Keith try it yet? This is a good way to hear what is going on! Love you, Dad
Post a Comment