Saturday, May 24, 2008

On the Road Again

Tomorrow my sister Laura and I are going on a road trip!  Well, sort of.  After church tomorrow, we're going to load up the car and head south.  We plan to spend the night in Virginia and drive on to Kingsport, Tennessee the next day.  

What's in Kingsport, you ask?  Bancroft Bible Camp, where I will be serving as their summer missionary and Laura will be counseling.  




Our family and our church have special ties with Bancroft.  Each spring our church sends a crew to help the camp get ready for the summer by doing construction, maintenance, and other projects.  I had the privilege of going on these trips with my dad four times when I was still in school.  My mom and my sister went along one year too.  This will be the first year I've been to Bancroft during the summer camping season, so I'm looking forward to being there and to sharing with the children and teens about missions.  

Pray for Laura and I as we travel Sunday and Monday.  Pray that the ministry of the camp this summer will have a great impact for Christ and that kids will be called into missions.  Look for more updates from camp in the next few weeks.

No comments: