Monday, May 12, 2008

Airline Tickets

August 22! That's my official departure date for Papua New Guinea!

Tonight I purchased plane tickets to travel from Scranton, PA to Madang, Papua New Guinea. (Madang is where I'll spend my first four months in training.)

Because of the supporters that have given to my ministry already, I didn't have to worry about being able to pay for the tickets. Praise the Lord!

An experienced travel agent helped me find good fares, and I was able to purchase the tickets now to avoid paying extra fuel surcharges that may be tacked on soon. Some airlines are now charging for a second piece of checked luggage, but I was also able to book through an airline who doesn't charge this fee. Things are going really well.

Last week I mailed my visa paperwork to the Papua New Guinean Embassy in Washington D.C. Please pray with me that my visa will be granted. Thanks!

No comments: