Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks

Last night I got back from a wonderful long weekend at my parents' house in Pennsylvania. I'm so thankful that I had a chance to go and visit them!

Here are a few things I'm thankful for from the trip:

Getting to spend time with my family


Being back at home and enjoying how beautiful everything looked with a light coating of snow


Introducing my family to my boyfriend Scott and showing him where I grew up


Much delicious food, including a home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner and ice cream at Friendly's


Beautiful scenery on the drive back to NC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,

That's a nice post about being thankful. We enjoyed having you "home" and look forward to more time in the coming weeks. That guy with the light colored hair is quite a handsome fellow, at least Don says so!

Love you, Dad

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
So glad you were able to get home for a while. Enjoyed the pictures and hope you soon will be good as new after the procedure. Rich is doing better each day. He even got out to hunt a bit(He and John missed the same buck!) Did you get all the wind and rain yesterday? Thankful it only lasted a while as it did make our creek rise fast! Was thinking of you and Amberlynne as I was putting up tarp and plastic around our porch to cut down on the wind and precipitation and keep the woodbox dry the day before all that. Thankful I do not have to live out in it, though:) Praying for you as you finish the course and undergo treatment.
Have a great Christmas season,
Love and prayers,
Karen H
1 John 1