Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Appointment Update

After over a month of waiting, I finally had my appointment with Dr. Phillips today to find out how my kidney is functioning and what needs to happen next.

The best news first: there is no permanent damage to the kidney! The problem in my kidney has been there all my life, so I would expect after 25 years, there should be some permanent kidney damage. But the test I had last Friday shows that now, with the temporary stent in place, both kidneys are functioning equally well!

The good, although somewhat inconvenient, news next: there is minimally invasive surgery available to correct the problem. While I am not looking forward to having surgery, I am thankful that the problem can be fixed.

I am waiting for the surgery to be scheduled but it seems likely that I will be able to complete the VMS course and have my surgery after, in early to mid December.


(Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for this good news. It's wonderful how God answers so specifically; you can finish your course, and have corrective surgery. Praise His Name! Starting a new "read through" the first of Nov. Finished a few weeks early this year. Appreciating Matt. 5:6 - "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled." When I feel anything but righteous, can cling to this promise and praise God for His mercy and grace! Have a great rest-of-the-week. Mrs. Costley

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Happy to hear God has answered prayers re your kidney. He is so good and gracious. Praying for you as you finish your course while dealing with discomfort and pain meds. We know you are running the race with endurance "by faith."
Thankful for you,
Karen H

Mary said...

I wish you could have heard the multiple exclamations of "oooh" and "Praise the Lord" at the Ladies Missionary meeting when your mom said there was no permanent damage. :)