No, I'm not talking about ER or one of those other medical shows on TV... Over the past week or so, I've been experiencing my own, real life medical drama.
It started way back when I was still in PNG with some bad lab test results. That led me to see a kidney specialist here in North Carolina last week. There was some confusion as I was told I was pre-diabetic, and then told that was wrong, but that I was in stage 3 of chronic kidney disease. And now it seems I was told that in error too!
I had a kidney ultrasound yesterday morning which produced some drama when the doctor's office called me back and told me I needed to go see another specialist that same day. At that visit they explained that the scan showed my left kidney is having some issues and they need to investigate further.
This investigation will consist of an outpatient surgical procedure to get a better idea of the kidney situation and try to relieve some of the pressure on the kidney. I'll be going in at 5:30 tomorrow morning and having my surgery at 7:30. I should be home by the middle of the day.
Please pray that the doctors can figure out what is causing this kidney problem and how to fix it. Thank God for a new friend who is going to drive me to and from the hospital and for the couple who are having me stay at their house afterward.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, Sara,
Praying for your surgery and a good outcome that will help the doctors see the problem clearly and for wisdom as they decide on how to treat it. We have been reading Isaiah and I came across a note I had written in Mrs. T's SS class about 5 finger promises in Is. 41:10:
1. I am with you.
2. I am your God.
3. I will strengthen you.
4. I will help you.
5. I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
May they be a comfort to you, also.
Love and prayers,
Karen H
Post a Comment