Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Britain Survey: People

The people of New Britain were extremely hospitable, helpful and friendly. I wanted to share a few pictures of them with you...

Some kids from South New Britain

As we left each island by boat, a huge crowd would gather to say goodbye and wave farewell.

A common sight in PNG: little kids carrying and caring for even smaller kids, often their siblings. I took this picture of a little girl carrying her borther around in Lulakevi village.

Some more South New Britain kids and teenagers - they loved having their picture taken!

Here's a picture of me with my namesake Sara at a village on the North Coast. She and her mother both gave me a necklace, since we shared the same name.

One night I went to take a picture of the breathtaking sunset and of course, had a little group of kids following me. They found it hard to believe that I would want to take a picture of the sunset rather than them :-)

1 comment:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Love the pictures of all those smiling faces. Judging by the enthusiasm of the crowd, I guess they do not get interesting visitors like your group very often. What a glorious sunset picture!
Thanks so much for sharing.
God bless,
Karen H
Psalm 65:1-8