Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rain during the dry season

I've found out recently that the name "dry season" can be a little deceiving. Despite my misconceptions that the dry season would be dry and sunny, it turns out it is really more like your typical image of London or Seattle - misty, cloudy, cool and dare I say gloomy.

It's also been raining here quite a bit. Not as much as in the real rainy season, but enough to turn the roads into a muddy mess. I had to carry my flip-flops as I walked home today, because they were so caked with mud and the roads were so slippery. Feet are a lot easier to clean than shoes anyway. The wet grass outside my front door does a nice job. :-)

Tonight I'm back to my weekly Wednesday night babysitting after being sick last week. I had a stomach bug that it took me about a week to fully recover from, but I'm better now. I enjoy getting to watch two young kids (4 and 7) every week while their parents are at a woodworking class.

That's all for now... I hope all of you blog readers are doing well and enjoying summer (if you're in the northern hemisphere)!

1 comment:

Karen_H said...

Hi, Sara,
Glad your stomach bug is past and you are able to get back to babysitting. We have had a little rainy season here lately and it makes the grass grow! Our wood is now all split and stacked in the shed. PTL! We spent last weekend in Mayville NY for Katie Mitchell's wedding. We did some sightseeing on the way home at Letchworth and Sampson State Parks. Both beautiful segments of God's creation: one graced by the Genessee River and the other by Seneca Lake(one of the finger lakes). We saw turkey buzzards spreading their wings to dry, much like cormorants at the ocean. That was an interesting sight. On Wednesday night, Jordan and Rachel Keefe presented their video from a class at NTBI and Jordan gave his testimony. I did not know that they met in Paraguay and he is also an MK. They have one more semester to finish and are spending the summer at the Johnsons' missionary house and being involved in VBS and other ministry.
WOW-the mud sounds like every kid's dream, but the slippery part sounds like it could be a challenge getting about. We need to get our garden in this week. The rain has delayed getting the seeds in our barrels. We had three deer frolicking in the field across the road last night and one turkey hen feeding there, too.
How are the rehab exercises going? Are you still planning another survey trip in July?
Praying for you and thankful for your service to the Lord,
Karen H
2 Corinthians 1:1-11
(Last week's Sunday School lesson)