Written 8 October 08
This Monday through Wednesday I'll be away on a hike through the jungle with a small group of other POCers.
My small group and I will be backpacking for three days in the area around POC. During the days, we'll follow the trail mapped out for us, and in the evenings, we'll be staying with host families in villages, where we'll be able to use our Tok Pisin to get to know them better.
This hike will be a valuable experience in and of itself, but it will also continue to prepare me for village living which is coming up in only two weeks.
My partner Julie and I will be living in a village for five weeks to get to know a family and learn the lifestyle of the people.
After I get back from the three-day hike, I'll write to fill you in about it and give you more information about my upcoming village living time.
Thanks for your prayers and support!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment