Written November 19, 2008
Greetings from Mus village, where I'm sitting and handwriting this note. Tomorrow Julie and I are going to take a PMV (Public Motor Vehicle) to spend the day in the city of Madang. We'll visit an internet cafe where I'll type and email this blog post.
When I get back to POC, I'll be able to write more, but I just wanted to post a quick update now to let you know I'm doing alright. I've been in the village almost a month now and have had some good times and some bad times. Living in a village situation with people always close by can be difficult! There have been some wonderful times as well, like tonight when I sat playing guitar and singing praise songs with my village family.
Here are a few praise and prayer points...
- Pray for my health... I've got many sandfly bites on my arms and legs that have turned into painful, infected sores. Please pray for quick and complete healing.
- Pray for Julie, me and our village as we show the Jesus film there on Friday night. Pray that God will use the film to bring people to Himself and strengthen the faith of others who are already believers.
- Praise God for great times of reading and meditating on the Psalms!
- Pray for Julie, me and our village 'wasfamili' as we go back to POC next Wednesday the 26th.
Thanks for your prayers and encouraging cards and letters - they've carried me though the tough times!
- Sara
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment